Friday, February 11, 2011

Generosity

"Find out how much God has given you and from it take what you need, the remainder is needed by others."
Augustine of Hippo



One of my favorite questions is, "Can you use this?" I almost always answer, "Yes," even if I am not sure what the this is. This makes for a hodge-podge of materials or, as one person said, "Wow, this art room gives new meaning to the word organic!"
And then there are those who have treasures to share- people like Shelly Bluhm. Shelly recently asked if I could use her potter's wheels (two kick-wheels). Of course I said yes.

The hands of a young potter

Jason and Gaines
Dueling potters

Gaines at the wheel

John at the wheel

Another parent, Dennis Rayfield, mentioned having an antique camera and wondered if I wanted to show it to my photography class. Again I said yes.



Chris behind Dad's camera

5th Period 
4x5 view camera
(5 second exposure @f/128) 


pinhole cameras 

negatives drying


Thank you Shelly and Dennis! Your generosity makes the Trinity art experience even better. 


And now, a couple of my favorite photos from this week-


Will on the scaffold


Megan blocking a silkscreen

1 comment:

  1. The discovery of their own truth and giftedness will become a powerful force in living a complete life, to the Glory of God. Blessings upon all at Trinity.

    ReplyDelete